Have you ever dreamed about knowing where each student was with their learning at the click of a button? What about the ability to see resources that would help each student to improve according to their specific needs?
Imagine the ability to have data from multiple sources, such as DIBELS, NWEA Map, and more, compiled into one report and one proficiency score. Now add the ability to zoom into one student at a time; right down to the standard, and in many cases, sub-standard level to deliver targeted instruction.
In May 2015, Kent ISD received a state consolidation of services grant to develop an early literacy alert and intervention system to help teachers throughout the Reading Now Network identify and provide resources to students who are not reading at grade level.
Over the summer, Kent ISD worked closely with local teachers, Kickstand and Bare Bulb to create an ecosystem comprised of teacher created resources, a data warehouse, and a learning management system. The key features of the ecosystems include:
- a dashboard that:
– alerts teachers to students who are below grade level
– allows teachers to view data from DIBELS, NWEA Map, Running Record, and Edify Assessments all in one place
- 70+ teacher professional development lessons and resources that target common core standards associated with reading
- 70+ student lessons and assessments associated with reading
- an LMS that is integrated with a data warehouse to deliver personalized resources to the teacher and student
This new system is called The Early Warning System for Literacy (EWS) and it is truly an ecosystem that supports current practices by creating a more efficient mechanism to collect, view data, and personalize instruction.
With 70+ lessons and hundreds of teacher-selected resources to choose from, new and experienced teachers can save time when searching for new material to support each of their students.
Trainings for the EWS have already begun but there are many more opportunities left to attend a FREE one-day training.
- January……… 13, 18, 20, 25, 27
- February…….. 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29
- March………… 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28,
- April……………. 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27
- May……………. 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30